Please come out and help us remove woody invasive species from MeadowWoods.
We will be clearing invasive species like Autumn Olive, Buckthorn, Honeysuckle, and Multiflora Rose. This event will include mechanical and chemical removal. We will be pulling out young seedlings by hand and larger seedlings with weed wrenches. We will also be cutting plants at the base with loppers, while a few designated people apply herbicide to the cut stems.
Training, safety equipment, and tools will be provided.
This event will take place off trail including on uneven terrain. Some of the plants have thorns. Please wear appropriate footwear such as waterproof hiking boots or rubber boots, as well as long sleeves and pants.
What to bring:
- If you can, please bring your own rubberized work gloves, although TTLT will provide these items if needed. Leather or cotton gloves are not suitable.
- Dress for the weather and plants with thorns. Please wear appropriate footwear, long sleeves, and pants.
- Bring your lunch and plenty of water.
Other things to note:
- Due to the use of herbicides and sharp tools this event is not suitable for children.
- There are no washrooms at MeadowWoods, so please plan accordingly. The closest public washroom is the Dutton ONroute, located between 401 exits 137 and 149.
Please note: this event is weather dependent. In the case of any changes or cancellation, we will send out an email to everyone who is registered the day before the event.
Photo: Autumn Olive by John St. Pierre
21102 Gray Line
Rodney, ON N0L 2C0
Google map and directions