Ensuring that native plants are included in your garden is one way to become an ecologically conscious gardener. Aside from beautiful blooms, there are many other benefits to growing native plants in your own garden.
For more information, check out this article from Canadian Wildlife Federation!
Image to text:
5 Reasons to Plant Native Plants in Your Garden
- they support needs of local, native wildlife populations
- they increase local biodiversity
- they are low-maintenance compared to non-native plants and have evolved to thrive in their environment
- they help restore native plants within the surrounding local area through introducing seeds
- they conserve water (require less watering) since they have adapted to the local environment
Information adopted from Peter Scholtens (Verbinnen's Nursery). "Why grow native plants?". Canadian Wildlife Federation.