Join us at Wardsville Woods on October 29th to collect seeds in the meadow. Please RSVP below to secure your spot!
We'll be collecting seeds from a range of native wildflowers and grasses, which will be used in restoration projects, our community wildflower gardens, and to make seed packet giveaways for community members. We'll provide training in seed head ID during the event, so no prior knowledge or experience is needed (although experts are welcome too!). You're also welcome to take seeds home with you to use in your own garden or restoration project.
Photo: collecting seeds at Hawk Cliff Woods, by Colin Johnson
What you need to know about this event
- This event is subject to COVID-19 regulations at the time. Masks are only required where physical distancing cannot be maintained. Please do not attend if you are feeling unwell.
- There are no washroom facilities at Wardsville Woods, so please plan accordingly. The Glencoe Tim Hortons is the closest available washroom.
- The meadow is also full of seeds and they will stick to your clothing. Smooth materials such as rubber boots and rain jacket/pants will be much easier to keep seed free. Otherwise, be sure to wear clothes that you don't mind getting dirty.
- We may encounter ticks at this event. Be sure to check for ticks before leaving the site and once you get home. More info on ticks is available here.
What to bring
- Please bring your own work gloves if you can, although TTLT will provide them if needed. TTLT will provide all other equipment needed.
- Wear appropriate footwear such as hiking shoes/boots, rubber boots, or other sturdy, ideally waterproof shoes. You might encounter uneven and wet terrain.
- Bring water, snacks, sunscreen, rain gear, warm clothing, bug spray, and anything else you need to be comfortable outside.
Please note: this event is weather dependent. In the case of any changes or cancellation, we will send out an email to everyone who is registered the day before the event.
1632 Longwoods Rd
Wardsville, ON N0L 2N0
Google map and directions