Please note: This event has been postponed until March 27th.
Join us on March 27th at 1pm to help clean up some garbage, including large items, from Ross's Woods in the Five Points Forest area. Enjoy an afternoon in the woods while giving nature a helping hand. We're also looking for volunteers with a pick up truck or trailer who can take scrap metal and other items to the dump (approx. 15-20 min drive) during this event.
Activities will include:
- Tearing down and removing dilapidated bridges/stream crossings and barbed wire fences
- Transporting items to the dump/scrap metal yard
- Removing litter and smaller items
What to bring:
- This event will take place off trail including on uneven terrain. Please wear appropriate footwear such as waterproof hiking boots or rubber boots.
- Dress for the weather and bring snacks and plenty of water.
- TTLT will provide work gloves, tools, and equipment, but we could use extra wheelbarrrows or wagons, cutting tools (eg. reciprocating saw or similar), sledge hammers and similar tools for bridge demolition.
Other things to note:
- This event will involve heavy lifting and carrying. Bring your muscles!
- There are no washrooms at Ross's Woods but there is a gas station/Tim Hortons about a 5 min drive away.
403205 Robinson Rd
Ingersoll, ON N5C 3J7
Google map and directions