This event has been cancelled due to precautions of COVID-19 Virus
We hope to reschedule this event at a later date.
Looking for help to establish a pollinator garden? Want to incorporate native plants into your landscaping? We can help! Join Thames Talbot Land Trust and Friends of the London Civic Gardens for a beginner level workshop on planning your native plant garden and get some tips for pollinator friendly plants, low-maintenance landscaping, and beautiful blooms!
This workshop will also include information on native seed collecting, processing, and stratifying. A selection of native seeds will be available for you to help clean, stratify, and make seed packets.
Goals for the workshop include:
- Get ideas on plants that will work in your garden - whether you have sun or shade, clay or sandy soils, wet or dry areas, and different size and space requirements
- Learn about plants that are great for bumblebees, hummingbirds, butterflies, or other species you want to attract
- Learn about bloom times and plan a mix of early, mid, and late flowering plants with different flower colours
- Get tips on where to source native plants or seeds
- Learn how to collect seeds of native plants
- Participate in seed cleaning, processing, and stratifying
- Bonus! Take home some native seeds for your garden
This workshop will take place at London Civic Gardens. Please RSVP below to secure your spot!
Photo by Dave Wake
625 Springbank Dr
London, ON N6K 4T1
Google map and directions