Looking for help to establish a pollinator garden? Want to incorporate native plants into your landscaping? We can help! Join us for a workshop on planning your native plant garden and get some tips for pollinator friendly plants, low-maintenance landscaping, and beautiful blooms!
Winter may be upon us but it's a great time of year to start your planning and allow plenty of time for sourcing your seeds or plants. This is a drop-in style workshop where you can talk to TTLT staff and other native plant enthusiasts and experts. Goals for the workshop include:
- Get ideas on plants that will work in your garden - whether you have sun or shade, clay or sandy soils, wet or dry areas, and different size and space requirements
- Learn about plants that are great for bumblebees, hummingbirds, butterflies, or other species you want to attract
- Learn about bloom times and plan a mix of early, mid, and late flowering plants with different flower colours
- Share ideas and tips for making your garden waterwise and wildlife friendly
- Get tips on where to source native plants or seeds
- Bonus! A small selection of native seeds will be available to take home
This is a drop-in workshop between 6:30 and 8:30pm (please arrive no later than 8pm). Please RSVP below to assist with our planning.
December 03, 2019 at 6:30pm - 8:30pm
Westminster Ponds Centre
Rebecca Launchbury · · 519-858-3442
Sorry, this event is sold out.