Please be safe when visiting our properties! TTLT encourages the public to protect themselves from tick bites and reduce the risk of Lyme disease.
The Ontario government is advising people living or visiting wooded areas with tall grass, rushes or moist environments to take the following precautions:
- Staying on marked trails.
- Wearing long sleeves, pants, socks and closed shoes.
- Tucking pants into socks and wearing light-coloured clothing to make ticks more visible.
- Using insect repellent with DEET or Icaridin on clothes and exposed skin.
- Checking the body thoroughly for ticks after being outdoors, as promptly removing ticks can help prevent infection.
The government is asking the public to consult a health care professional if a person experiences any of these symptoms after a tick bite: skin rash, headache, fever, muscle and joint pain, spasms, weakness, numbness or tingling and generally feeling unwell.